Technostructures is a non-profit organization aiming to foster an ecosystem of software:
- which does not participate in reinforcing the impact of technology as a capitalist tool in the workspace, and those tools do not seek to increase work productivity, alienating its users,
- whose conception is free from the influence of capitalism on technical systems : tools are not conditioned to the industrial environment (startups in particular), to its imperatives of profitability.
Code is political
Every app we use norms our interactions. Behind every code created, humans decided that sometimes, "computer says no", a common formula in business and administrative contexts.
What is to be done?
At Technostructures, we try to:
- do curation (meaning editorialization) of software with a political approach, by design or because of the possible political uses of a tool, and propose a set of desirable technical features in the code ;
- to help build, fund and implement new or existing software, among those whose political positioning makes them the most difficult to fund through the (meagre) existing channels of open source and free software funding.
- et enfin, programmer des logiciels qui n’existent pas encore, mais qui should, dans le cadre d’un travail rémunéré dignement.